Thursday, October 13, 2011

Earthquake

Hello everyone,

Yesterday there was an earthquake in Bali. It was 6.8 strong and lasted for about 1,5 minutes.
We were in the oasis when it happened. Since several people already asked me whether everyone here is fine I want to assure everyone that we are all save. We didn't feel much of the eathquake and it was very short.
When it happened everyone went outside. Some of the women started banging bamboo sticks together and screeming some stuff to chase off bad spirits so that the earthquake would stop sooner (if I understood correctly :)).
It was suddenly very loud. But I don't think anyone was seriously worried. There are usually no tsunamies or major earthquakes in Lombok.

So I hope I could set your mind at rest with this comment! :)

1 comment:

  1. Dann ist man ja schon mal erleichtert das die bzw euch dahinten nichts passiert ist.
    Ich hoffe mal du hast recht und bei euch in Lombok kommen keine Erdbeben.
    In dem Sinne eine Erdbeben frei Zeit dir :)und natürlich viel schöne weitere Einträge hier

    ReplyDelete