Sunday, February 12, 2012

Guests in the Oasis

I apologize for not having posted anything recently, but I have been a little distracted. My father and my brother have come to Lombok to visit me and the Oasis. I’ve been giving them a private tour through Lombok. It is unbelievable how much I have experienced in only 5 months here. I never realized before, but now, that I get to tell my family in person everything I know about Lombok, I can’t believe how many stories I have to tell them.
Last Week they also visited the Oasis and convinced themselves personally of what a great place the Yayasan Anak Oasis is. They brought 2 leather soccer balls from Germany. Since the kids just love soccer a new friendship was born and my father and brother immediately felt comfortable. As you can see soccer connects people all over the world.
During the last week we traveled a lot and visited all kinds of places. We visited the capital of Lombok, Mataram, the monkey forest, the Island Gili Trawangan, some waterfalls and we went to the Rinjani, the volcano on Lombok. They are going to stay here for one more week. We’ll probably visit another small Island called Gili Gede and Bali.
I can’t tell you how happy I am that I got to see my family once again after almost half a year. Half a year is a long time if you are staying in Lombok!
They are also overwhelmed by this beautiful place. They, too, have experienced so much in just one week. Now I’ll get back to showing them around the Island. I hope you don’t mind having to wait a little for the next real post.

My Dad and my brother at the beach.

My brother, Ade and the kids were playing soccer all day!

In my english class we went to the rice fields. The kids love to study in the rice fields. Siti, the dog of the Oasis, always follows us where ever we go.
English class in the Berugak.

My brother and me.

We also went shopping in the traditional market in Cakra.

This cheeky monkey stole the entire bag of peanuts while we were feeding the peanuts to them.

We went everywhere by motorcycle and every now and then we had a very nice view along the coast of Lombok.

A refreshing bath under a waterfall. So cold...

Mammoth trees.

The Hindu temple 'Batu Bolong'. It is build on top of a cliff. The view from up there is also very nice.




3 comments:

  1. Jaaaaa und bald kann ich mir das auch mal alles anschauen. Ich freue mich drauf. Euch noch einen schönen Urlaub und tolle Erlebnisse. Liebe Grüße
    mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh man wie ich euch beneide ich will auch dort hin :(
    Ich Wünsche euch noch eine schöne Zeit dort genießt es dort und nimmt etwas wärme mit nach Deutschland ;)
    Und du Lara genieße die Zeit mit deiner Familie. Ja ist schon Hammer wenn man überlegt das du schon fast ein halbes Jahr dort bist ;)
    hehe aber ich habe mal ausgerechnet bis zum 1 August sind es noch 168 Tage :) da lohnt es sich ja schon fast zu Zählen. Also noch mal viel Spaß euch
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  3. da bekomm ich doch glatt wieder fernweh :(

    ReplyDelete